Thursday, August 24, 2017

Musics Influence


  1. 1. This I can remember clear as day. While I was growing up, around the age 10-12 , Marshal Mathers,Eminem, was incredibly popular.

    I would love to listen to his music. Something about it caught my attention and had me drawn to it. At the time, I can remember I had no idea what he was actually talking about. Anyone who has listened to Eminem's first couple albums would completely agree with why they wouldn't want a young teenager listening to his music. It is incredibly vulgar. It pushes the limits just about as far as they can go. He was rapping about things that no one else even had the guts to rap about. I think thats why I like it so much. It was fast paced, and almost dangerous. I didn't really know the full meaning of what he was saying, but he was saying it and no one else was.

    2. I remember listening to one of Eminem's songs called "Cleanin Out My Closet". Now if you haven't heard the song you may not understand, but if you have then you know exactly what I mean when I say a mom would not want her young son listening to. It is a very catching song, with a quick pace, however, it is about cleaning out his closet, what I mean by this is he is getting everything off his chest. Saying terrible things about his mom, his family, his upbringing. Anyway, I was listening to the song, not really catching the true meaning of the song and my mother heard what I was listening to and told me to turn it off and not to listen to the music. Only problem with this is it only make me want to listen to it anymore. It must be a teen thing. I always wanted to do what I was not supposed to do. 

    3. My favorite style of music is Old School Rap music. Which when people look at me, probably wouldn't be their first guess. Something about the simple beats and deep lyrics in the song really just hit well with me. My top 5 favorite artists are obviously Eminem, started listening to him as early as I can remember and still do to this day. Second up would be Curtis Jackson, better known as 50 cent. He paired up with Eminem early on and had a bunch of big blockbusters in the early 2000's. Tupac of course. The legend had so many hits, and his lyrical content is still unmatched to this day. RIP. Next up and probably my all time favorite Biggie Smalls. Biggie was apart of Notorious B.I.G and I still listen to his songs now. Has some great songs, with great content and beat. Anytime Biggie comes on in the car everyone quiets down and we turn the volume up. Can never go wrong with a Biggie song. My 5th favorite would have to be Young Jeezy, now he isn't much like the other rappers. He makes what I call "hype" music. Its music that you listen to before a football game or during a workout. Its fast paced, big bass and gets you fired up. Still put Jeezy on anytime I'm working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment