Thursday, July 13, 2017

Social media and advertising

For a particular brand I chose Nike. It is a large brand and a brand that I enjoy wearing and using its products.

For the target audience I would say it is young teens and preteens, as young as 7 to the older adult in the mid 30's. Almost all of Nike's adds are about a physical activity, most of the time a sport, and how good there products work and look. I would have to say it is working and working well. Everyone knows what nike is and a large majority probably owns an article of clothing if not multiple. Especially within tje target group. I remeber as a young teen always wanting nike as well. Its what all the professional athletes are wearing and the designs are new and trend setting. As a matter of fact I am wearing nike socks and shorts as I write this.

If I was the product manager the one thing I would focus some more attention on would be the quality of the products. Most adds I see say how much these products help performance and very little on comfort. The clothes, in my experience are very comfortable. But I feel the word comfort has almost a lazy connotation to it. Which nike is a polar opposite of. I would like to see the other side though. The relaxex side.


No comments:

Post a Comment