Thursday, July 13, 2017

Persuasive techniques

The good: Amazon primeday add
The add was on t.v. and it talked about the great deals they were having on July 11th for all its prime members.

The target audience was anyone who was a current amazon prime member.

I would have to say emotional branding was used in the add. I am definetly connected to Amazon. They have everything and very fast services. I use them anytime I need something and the add really appealed to me. Ass a matter of fact I made several purchases that day.

The techniques worked for me fairly easily. I am already sold on amazon so trying to convince me with discount prices is far from hard. The imagery for it didn't necessarily click with me. A lot of it I feel was more focused on the female audience. A lot of purses and furniture were in the add.

The bad: botched tv show?

The add was about a t.v. show called botched which is about people getting plastic surgery.

The target audience was most likely more well of people looking who are into plastic surgery

They used the famous person testimonials technique. And for me this didn't work at all. Mainly because I am no where near there target audience. Not one to want tk watch a show about people spending a crazy amount of money to make themselves look ridiculous.

The technique didn't work for me, however it very well could have worked for there target audience. I don't think any kind of strategy would have gotten me to want tk watch the show as the contect is just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment